Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: AGM 2025 #1344
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    My bad! I see that payment now. cc Mr Treasurer.

    in reply to: AGM 2025 #1342
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    You might want to check your membership status, Reuben. There’ll be a strict door policy on the day 🙂

    in reply to: AGM 2025 #1337
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    Lough Gill has offered to show us the brewery and we need to be there at 3. Google reckons it’s a 25 minute walk from The Swagman.

    in reply to: AGM 2025 #1336
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    That’s my plan. I’m on the 09.05 from Connolly (seat C41), and back on the 19.05 (seat B25).

    in reply to: AGM 2025 #1333
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    I thought people might like one they actually remember.

    in reply to: Hopfully brewery closed #1323
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    Was talking to a beer industry person yesterday and he said Hopfully is indeed still going and brewed at Eight Degrees now.

    in reply to: Hopfully brewery closed #1320
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    Bless your optimism. All the old kegs of Graciosa wouldn’t have evaporated when they closed 😛

    There was their official final beer, One For the Road, and they did a subsequent festival special IPA called The Lads. But I wouldn’t take their presence at Hagstravaganza as an indication that the brand is continuing.

    in reply to: Schoolhouse, Swords #1319
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    IIRC, an Irish homebrew supplier went through a phase of pitching 200L Speidels Braumeister kits to pubs, to make themselves into brewpubs, and The Schoolhouse was one of the takers (Elbow Lane may have been another, but don’t quote me). Whether any beer ever made it from the kit to the taps at The Schoolhouse is another question — the one house beer tasted very Rye River-y to me when I visited — but it was licensed as a brewery, so the intention was there.

    in reply to: Hagstravaganza 2025 – 9 August Ballymote, Sligo #1316
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    I’ll take it! Pints in lieu, etc. john@beoir.org.

    in reply to: Beoir Galway Bay vouchers #1313
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    We haven’t had any contact with Galway Bay in over two years. I don’t think we know anyone who works there any more. I can’t think why The Beer Temple wouldn’t be on the list, but maybe DrJohn can explain.

    in reply to: Headline Bar #1312
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    Work is definitely ongoing. The street-level hoardings are new and the windows were changed recently.

    in reply to: Beoir Galway Bay vouchers #1309
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    They should be, I think. Report back if you try it.

    in reply to: Headline Bar #1308
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    “Change of use of first and second floors of existing licenced premises from existing bar/lounge area (at first floor) and existing storage rooms & ancillary accommodation (at second floor) to new guest accommodation to provide 7 no. guest bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms at first floor & 6 no. guest bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms at second floor (total 13 guest bedrooms) & ancillary storage accommodation. To include material alterations to facilitate works inc. new accommodation/escape stairs, remodelled entrance lobby at ground floor, and associated internal layout changes & external alterations, inc. alterations to fenestration, alterations to roof, removal of redundant services & chimneys etc.”
    Planning reference 5059/23.

    “Development will consist of alternations to previously permitted development permission ref. 5059/23 to comprise of flat roof extension to rear of second floor level and alterations to previously permitted 2nd floor layout to provide 2 additional ensuite guest bedrooms to 2nd floor, increasing 2nd floor bedrooms from 6 bedrooms to 8 bedrooms (total of 15 no. Bedrooms in overall development), to include all associated material internal and external alterations to facilitate works as indicated on drawings.”
    Planning reference WEB2313/24

    in reply to: Killarney Brewing closed #1304
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    Any Black Donkey or Hopfully?

    S’pose I should do some updating on the A-Z…

    in reply to: Dublin Beer Factory winding up #1302
    TheBeerNut
    Keymaster

    I’d say that was just the standard Dundalk Bay stout. I don’t think Dublin City ever got as far as hiring a brewer or developing recipes.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 135 total)