It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:37 am

Text Size
Login

Contract Brewing

Want some information on a favourite craft beer or want to share your own thoughts with the community? This is the place to do it.

Postby Yenren » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi, I am looking for information on contract brewing ie. The requirements and responsibilities of both party's.
I would appreciated being pointed in the right direction.
Thanks.
Yenren

Postby TheBeerNut » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Your brewer would be able to take you through that as it probably varies depending on what you want to do. The more established operators like Mountain Man and Barrelhead have their own beer wholesaler licence. The ones that don't, like Dead Centre or James Brown Brews, I'm guessing just sell via the brewery under its licence.
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Postby Yenren » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:41 pm

My man is very new so donent fully know the ins and outs of it himself, I suppose I need to chat to someone who has done it themselves.
Yenren

Postby TheBeerNut » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Always a good idea. Good luck!
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Postby oblivious » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:08 pm

TheBeerNut wrote:Your brewer would be able to take you through that as it probably varies depending on what you want to do. The more established operators like Mountain Man and Barrelhead have their own beer wholesaler licence. The ones that don't, like Dead Centre or James Brown Brews, I'm guessing just sell via the brewery under its licence.

At an RDS festival a few years ago, Mountain Man were in a bit of panics as they had a visit from revenue at about not having a beer wholesaler licence (at the time).
"If anybody says he can think about quantum physics without getting giddy, that only shows he has not understood the first thing about them." - Niels Bohr

Primary: Black IPA
Keg:Summit IPA, White IPA (US05), Cider, Citrus Saison,

Twitter.com/Oblivious_

*Now with Blog* oblivioustobeer.blogspot.com
oblivious
Beoir Member

Postby rebelred » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:42 pm

opening without a wholesale licence is not advisable. The revenue would take a very negative view of a contractor doing business without one and would be forever in their sight. I do believe tho that with the industry the way it is now its better to start out as a contractor until business levels out . Judging by the amount of breweries closing equipment will be available at reasonable price
rebelred
Beoir Member

Return to Craft Beer Talk