Kinnegar Brewing

Want some information on a favourite craft beer or want to share your own thoughts with the community? This is the place to do it.
padraic
Beoir Member

Re: Kinnegar Brewing

Post by padraic » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Yea, they are expanding to 10HL in the next few months. It will be great to have more availability as they have two really good beers!

joe_h

Post by joe_h » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:15 am

I'm up home this weekend and got to try my first Kinnegar Brewing beer. I'm only about 20mins from Rathmullan, was down at the Ferry Gate for dinner, they had the red and blue cap bottles in stock.

Got a red one, Devil's Backbone - Northern Amber Ale
It was excellent, very impressed. Spotted a few others ordering it too, good sign and it wasn't even on the menu. (Just food + wine list)

Really want to try the Pale Ale, anyone see the bottles in an off-liceces in Donegal? Website only has a couple of off licences listed, all in Dublin.

irish_goat
Beoir Member

Post by irish_goat » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:03 am

joe_h wrote:I'm up home this weekend and got to try my first Kinnegar Brewing beer. I'm only about 20mins from Rathmullan, was down at the Ferry Gate for dinner, they had the red and blue cap bottles in stock.

Got a red one, Devil's Backbone - Northern Amber Ale
It was excellent, very impressed. Spotted a few others ordering it too, good sign and it wasn't even on the menu. (Just food + wine list)

Really want to try the Pale Ale, anyone see the bottles in an off-liceces in Donegal? Website only has a couple of off licences listed, all in Dublin.
There's 1 in Letterkenny, a fancy food and wine shop as far as I know. Don't know the name sorry.

Since you're so close I'd assume you can buy direct if you call to the brewery address.

Spud 395

Post by Spud 395 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 am

Most breweries don't have the required license to sell to the public, which is pretty ridiculous

irish_goat
Beoir Member

Post by irish_goat » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:45 am

Spud 395 wrote:Most breweries don't have the required license to sell to the public, which is pretty ridiculous
You obviously don't know how things work in Donegal. :wink:

joe_h

Post by joe_h » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Anyone got a contact/email for Rick? (PM) There's no contact info on the website, I don't know where in Rathmullan he is either.

Looking at the events page I don't think the website is kept up to date, so it might be in a few other places now. Would love to check out his brewing setup but if there's no contact info on the site it mightn't be open for nosey tours!

If I find it in a local off-licence - does anyone in Galway want a few bottles down? Will be back down during the week.

DEMPSEY

Post by DEMPSEY » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:39 pm

irish_goat wrote:
Spud 395 wrote:Most breweries don't have the required license to sell to the public, which is pretty ridiculous
You obviously don't know how things work in Donegal. :wink:
Is'nt this the place where the real "Los Vegas" is,somewhere in the hills. :P
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/.
deos miscendarum discipule

Tom Evans

Post by Tom Evans » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:49 pm

@joe_h: you can probably get him on Twitter.

Irish Goat, you're not a former member of Goats Don't Shave, are you?
Signature beer: hoppy golden ale with chill haze.

IGG

Post by IGG » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:07 pm

I was up in Donegal late August and tried the range in the excellent Logues Pub, Carrigart.

Limeburner Pale Ale (blue one) was ok
Scraggy Bay IPA (Yellow) and Devils Backbone (Red) were excellent.

Good luck to them!

joe_h

Post by joe_h » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 pm

They've been granted permission for a 10 hectolitre brewery, which will move production capacity from 200L/week to 5000L/week. Great news!

http://donegalnews.com/2012/11/small-is ... n-brewery/