It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Text Size
Login

Porterhouse Beers in T2

Want some information on a favourite craft beer or want to share your own thoughts with the community? This is the place to do it.

Postby steveb » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:22 pm

I see, not looking so good so, I think I will have a bag. Well, cheers for the info.
steveb

Postby DCBrewing » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Some of the worst customer service and they have zero clue how to pour a pint there. After giving it two trys and 10mins plus of waiting they served me a pint of plain with over 50% head! Avoid!
DCBrewing
Beoir Member

Postby TheBeerNut » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:47 pm

I had a lovely pint of Porterhouse Oyster there yesterday: no wait and perfectly poured.
Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Postby Tube » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Where are they on draught in T2? I was in T2 a few months ago and I could only see PH upstairs in the foody section, not in the bar downstairs.
Tube

Postby Diablo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:07 pm

DCBrewing wrote:Some of the worst customer service and they have zero clue how to pour a pint there. After giving it two trys and 10mins plus of waiting they served me a pint of plain with over 50% head! Avoid!

They're still at this crap?? :shock:
Diablo

Postby Diablo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Tube wrote:Where are they on draught in T2?

The harvest market place up the escalators. For food it's over priced and not very good. The Slaney bar is better for quality, better value and your food served to you at your table. It also has better views. No interesting draught beer apart from Blue Moon.
Diablo

Postby Tube » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:08 am

Diablo wrote:
Tube wrote:Where are they on draught in T2?

The harvest market place up the escalators. For food it's over priced and not very good. The Slaney bar is better for quality, better value and your food served to you at your table. It also has better views. No interesting draught beer apart from Blue Moon.

That's what I thought, thanks.
Tube

Postby andrew » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm sat in T2 right now. True, there is Porterhouse (Red, Templebrau, Plain and Oyster only) a nd true, the staff are surly. However that's not the place's major fault. That would be the filthy glasses and flatware. I had to hand back the first pint because there was so much crud caked inside the glass. Unfortunately the "barman" was unable to see it but eventually relented and poured other. Into an equally filthy glass. The third attempt was a bit more successful.

Then I went to get cutlery and had a great time looking for a clean spoon among all the stained and greasy specimens on display.
Andrew
in Dublin
andrew
Beoir Member

Postby DEMPSEY » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Andrew wrote:the place's major fault. That would be the filthy glasses and flatware. Then I went to get cutlery and had a great time looking for a clean spoon among all the stained and greasy specimens on display.

This is one of my pet hates,I often have to clean them personally as the amount of time you get forks with food still between the prongs. :evil:
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/.
deos miscendarum discipule
DEMPSEY

Postby TheBeerNut » Fri May 12, 2017 2:00 pm

The Porterhouse beers have gone from Harvest Market again :( The taps were being switched over to Diageo brands when I was in last Friday. That leaves O'Hara's Red and Slaney Lager as the sum total of craft in T2. Leave time for a trip over to Marquette in T1, I guess :D
Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Postby brian_c » Fri May 12, 2017 2:12 pm

There's a new Guinness shop opening in t2. Probably related.
Primary:
Conditioning:
Bottled:
Kegged: Mild porter, Brown porter
Planning: Lagers. Ales. Stouts.

What is so bad about being drunk? ASK A GLASS OF WATER
brian_c
Beoir Member

Postby Saruman » Fri May 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Gone are the days when T2 was king and T1 was a wasteland. It's all about T1 these days.
Reuben Gray - Beoir Chairman

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer & brewing.
Twitter - @taleofale
Facebook
Breweryjobs.ie - Submit or look for a job in the brewing industry.
Saruman
Beoir Member

Previous

Return to Craft Beer Talk